To find a new doctor – Enter the location and tick “accepting new patients” for a list of available area physicians.
Interior Health Authority has up-to-date listings for area specialists and services.
Area Clinics and Hospitals:
Chako Mika Mall in Nelson
Kootenay Lake Hospital in Nelson is Level 1 care, and includes the following:
- Laboratory and radiology (x-ray) services
- Emergency services 24 hours per day
- Acute care beds for patient admissions for general medicine, observation, assessment, convalescence and palliative care
- Low-risk obstetrical care
- Outpatient ambulatory care procedures
- Many clinics, including bone density, diabetic, liver, neurologist (EMG testing too), cardiology, healthy heart program, respiratory clinics once/week, oncology with IV therapy, phlebotomy
3 View Street
Nelson BC V1L 2V1Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital in TrailAs one of four service area hospitals operating in Interior Health’s network of health care facilities, Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (KBRH) provides hospital services to residents of the Kootenay Boundary Health Service Area.
- 24-hour emergency services
- High-level laboratory (level three) and radiology/diagnostic imaging services
- General surgery
- Internal medicine
- PsychiatryOther Services/Programs
- Ambulatory Care Clinic
- Chemical Dependency Program – This hospital-based, substance misuse program offers support and teaches coping skills.
- Cognitive Therapy Program – Provides psychoeducational programs on a variety of issues.
- KBRH Foundation
Trail Regional Hospital Auxiliary – These volunteers raise money for new equipment.
Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital
1200 Hospital Bench
Trail, BC V1R 4M1
This region is also brimming with alternative health care options, including several Traditional Chinese Medical Doctors, acupuncturists, health spas, qi gong practitioners, and specialized clinics.